Flag of Tomsk
According to Decision of Duma № 503 (Art. 9): "The flag of the city of Tomsk is a rectangular white and green cloth with an aspect ratio of 2: 3. White stripe width 1/3 cloth, placed at the edge of heraldic law of the flag. In the center of the flag a silver horse prancing to the right is depicted. "
In May of 1729 Emperor Peter II approved the first symbol of Tomsk. The description was: "In a silver shield on a yellow field man in gray clothes, working in miner." A picturing miner on the arms of Tomsk is connected with the opening of the ore deposits in the territory of Tomsk district at the beginning of the XVIII century.
In 1782 Tomsk became a part of Tobolsk vicegerency on a regional city, and in 1785 got a new coat of arms: "At the top of the shield was a coat of arms of Tobolsk. At the bottom was a silver horse on the green field as a sign of the superiority of local horses". So, it was the first time when a silver (white) horse (horse) appeared on the arms of Tomsk.
In 1804 Tomsk became the center of province, and in March of the same year a new emblem of the city was approved, "on the shield there was a white horse running in the right direction on green field”. 5 (July 17) in 1878, the coat of arms of Tomsk (as the provincial center) was crowned with a golden five-turret crown and framed by oak leaves with ribbon of St. Andrew. In 1917 Russia became a republic and the crown was removed from the coat of arms.