The Mayor of Tomsk
Mayor of Tomsk
Reception office phone number:
+7 (3822) 52-68-69,
Ask a question
|Born on the 8th of June 1959 in Romadan village, Beskaragai district, Semipalatinsk region of Kazakhstan.|
He completed high school with a Gold medal awarded for exceptional academic performance. He graduated with honors from the Department of Automatics and computer engineering, Tomsk Polytechnic Institute.
In 1985 he began working at the Tomsk brewery as a chief engineer. After corporatisation of the enterprise in 1994 he was elected Director General of OJSC Tomsk beer. Over the years, Ivan Klein has modernised the production and placed the company among the leaders in the industry.
From 1997 to 2013 Ivan Klein was elected four times as the deputy of the Legislative Duma of Tomsk region; he led the committee on economic policy.
In 2000 after graduating from Tomsk State University he was awarded a degree in Public Administration. In 2005 he completed a Ph.D. in Economics.
In October 2013 Ivan Klein was elected Mayor of Tomsk.
He is one of the founders and a president of the Association of food industry workers of Tomsk region. He has received numerous awards for his achievements in production and management, and in public and charitable activities:
Silver (2007) and gold (2012) medals for contributions to the development of the agro-industrial sector of Russia
· Best Russian manager (2000-2005)
· Winner of the award named after Peter the Great (2000, 2005)
· Title of Man of the Year of the Tomsk region (2005)
· Badge of honour “Environmentalist of the Year” (2007, 2011)
· Gold Medal of the Russian Peace Foundation (2004)
· Golden merit certificate “Philanthropists of the Century” (2004)
· Badge of merit for “Merits to Tomsk region” (2008)
Badge of honour for “Merits to the city of Tomsk” (2010) and other awards.